Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Purchase Check on Hornady Lock-N-Load Progressive

hmp32

So, I am about to pull the trigger on a press order

I already have tumbler, scale, calipers, case gauges, Dillon scale, pickup tubes (for dillon but figure they will work with the LNL), Lee Dies for .45 & 9mm, manuals, etc.

The Dillon primer tubes are not the same as the Hornady. Dillon tubes are a larger outside diameter. Hornady and RCBS are the same diameter.

ETA: The Dillon tubes will work, they just don't match up perfectly with the Hornady primer tube, and you have to guide them carefully.

Edited by 1idcat

The only people I know that don't lube all cases, even with carbide dies, are ones who have never tried it. Much smoother process.

No need for Lube on cases. I run about 2000 9 Majors a month, no case lube. It isn't just a carbide die, there are two MFG of carbide Die that actually act like carbide Die, Hornady and Dillon. That other MFG yeah, lube, and for me I found it cheaper to sell those sub par die and buy Die from the good MFG. I don't lube 40, 45, or 38SC. I do lube .223.

I like my LNL and I like my 650 but for different reasons. The LNL is just an all round great machine very versitle, and I have a case feeder and a bullet feeder on it. +1 the case feed drop mechanism needs improvement, this is the place where the Dillon beats it. If only the Dillon didn't have 10 extra adjusments and a bucket full of parts that break or wear out. Too much Plastic.