Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your thoughts on the M&P 9c/.40c?

Utah Shooter

9C is my daily carry and will be my IDPA gun this year as I slowly return to IDPA. I did not like the 40C I tried due to the 40 recoil. I am still looking for a 357sig compact to try. The 357 recoil is much different and usually does not bother my hands.

I have shot the 9C quite a bit and have had no problems with it at all. It feeds Gold Dot HP ammo with no problems as well as FMJ. I have even used my 160gr loads with no problems.

Hope this helps.

i carry a 40c. great gun. I shot a 40 full-size in idpa until i switched recently to a cz 75. I just like metal guns better.

But carrying a compact and competing with a full-sized makes perfect sense to me. They'll share holsters.

One issue with the 40c for shooting idpa is that the 10th round is a real bastard to get into the mag at first, and so the mag is harder to seat than if it's not loaded to full capacity. I actually shot mine with 9+1 because it was too easy for me to not fully seat the mag with 10 rounds.

Would like to know your thoughts about a CC and possible an IDPA handgun?

If you're thinking about shooting IDPA at least get the Full Size. The compact is fine for BUG match's but why handicap your self with such a short gun?

For CC the full size will hide just fine with any good IWB holster, http://kholster.com/, http://crossbreedholsters.com/, or any of the many other choices.

I have a 40c and 5" pro in 40 too. I shoot the pro much better, but I am using the 40c for IDPA and the pro for USPSA. I'm committed to getting better with the compact. I usually use the xgrips with the full sized mags for matches as the compact mags are tough to seat. I reload 40 minor loads for matches so recoil is probably abought the same as 9mm. I have 3 40s and no 9s at all. If I weren't setup for the 40s and was only going to buy one gun for cc and IDPA, I'd get a 9mm. If you go with a 9c the mags hold 12 rounds so the should be easier to work with than the 40. If you think the mags on the fullsize would be ok for cc, then I'd go with that. Only you can determine if you'd be happy carring the full size

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Edited by blueeyephil

I also have a 9c as a daily CC gun and use a pro for USPSA. I think the IDPA game wouldn't be as much fun with the compact but if it is more for training then I would always recommend using what u carry. Reloading with the compact can be slow and tedious. For me I have to fold my meat hooks out of the way as I am loading a mag.