Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Low

p7fl

My Single Stack pistol is an extremely abused 5 year old Colt originally one of the Gunsite runs.

I was doing slow fire drills with friends on Saturday and all the hits were into one hole, an inch low at 10 feet.

Friends tried the gun with the same result. Ammo was factory S&B and Blazer.

The sights are fixed. Fiber Optic in the front has been there about 2 years. I’ve never noticed this before, but can’t remember ever really shooting this slow for accuracy.

Took the gun to a well known USPSA smith and GM shooter, and his comment was that it wasn’t worth fixing for that small a difference and that when I speed up I would be seeing and shooting the fiber optic (not the black top) which would raise the POI.

Any thoughts on this…..leave it alone as suggested, or get a perfectly fitted front sight?

TIA

jon

On my old FrankenColt that I shoot matches with and my Wilson, the centerline of the bore is .75" under the top of the front sight. At 10 feet, the bullet should be low, if it was already at front sight height, you would be impacting way high at 15yds. As others have said, shoot it at 15, 20 and 25 yds and record where your point of aim vs point of impact is.

Hurley