Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Am I Crazy? 2 Top ends!

HotLoad

I have been thinking way to much about my impending cheely 2011 build. I have been vacillating between having Matt build me a 5" sight tracker or a 6". Am I crazy for having him build me two top ends? A 5" and a 6" sight tracker. Are the new 2013 limited gun rules set in stone? I don't wanna have a 6" sight tracker top end that just collects dust. Thanks for comments and feedback.

Yah I thought about different caliber uppers. I don't really shoot steel so it didn't make much sense to me. Still want to make sure the new hand gun rules are set in stone before I spend serious cash on a 6" sight tracker top end.

Nope - not crazy at all. I did the same with my SV limited gun (not sight tracker though) because I couldn't decide and no one where I shoot had a 6" gun for me to try. If you have the means, it's the best way to figure out if you like one or the other.

Coming from Matt Cheely, you'll know that everything will be well fitted and if you ever have to re-purpose one of the tops because you find you don't like it, I'm sure Matt will be happy to make any changes you need.

This may disappoint some but after looking at the bank account, I have decided to just get one top end for the gun and that being a 5". I figured I could always have Matt do a 6" sight tracker next year. Can't shoot it in Limited this year anyway. Thanks guys for all the replies. Now I just have to figure out the rest of the gun. Leaning towards adding a SS SVI signature grip.

I really want to try a sight tracker and I can't discount the fact that they look really cool. I also like the feel of metal in my hand and hence the metal grip. I know they are pricey but it might be a while till I do another limited gun. Ammo is not a problem as I am lucky enough to have 2 1050's. My thought is that the sight tracker does add weight up front but Matt does machine off some of the weight on the slide and with going to a short dust cover this would also reduce front end weight. From this starting point I can then fine tune front end feel with different weight guide rods. That is what I was thinking. Any other ideas?