Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Les Baer Concept 3 .45

JKSNIPER

david s,

I'm not sure whether you are looking for a pistol for action competition use, but before spending the big bucks you may want to think carefully about the division rules for the various shooting games. For better or worse, Monoliths and long-slide single-stacks don't fit very well anywhere in the competition world.

On the other hand, if you're just looking for an accurate gun to shoot and enjoy, one of those options might be just the ticket for you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

david s,

I'm not sure whether you are looking for a pistol for action competition use, but before spending the big bucks you may want to think carefully about the division rules for the various shooting games. For better or worse, Monoliths and long-slide single-stacks don't fit very well anywhere in the competition world.

On the other hand, if you're just looking for an accurate gun to shoot and enjoy, one of those options might be just the ticket for you.

The comparison between the 5 and 6" guns was being based on MSRP prices from the LB web. I'm all over a 5" gun with the gaurantee in 9mm or 38S.

No competition, just looking for extremely accurate gun at 50yds. Just a group of old farts get together and shoot small holes in paper. Our game has two rules, gun must be a SA Pistol or a Revolver and no locked frame bench rests.

• 1 month later...

Dave and others here...I have a Kimber TLE 2 and my son owns a Kimber SIS Custom and we have no complaints about the .45s.

Both shoot well and are reliable.

Still looking for that elusive Baer.

JK

SV makes their own barrels

LB is top of the line. You won't find a better fit gun or a more accurate gun.

SVI guns are more custom - meaning you can have whatever cuts you want and what ever finish you want. They are awesome guns as well.

Both are on my bucket list.

• 10 months later...

Went to the gunshop recently and the guy sold it to someone for the original asking price....I asked my pal there behind the counter if the purchaser knew he could get a brand new one for a few $ more with the lifetime warranty and he said :"This guy has more $ than Carter has liver pills. He wanted it...he got it."

Once we're done with the impending baby shower I just might have to make room in my gun safe for another stealth acquisition kept below the "bosses" radar.