Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Fixed Rear Sight

lucky #7

I would like to use the Dawson fixed rear sight(PN: 018-001)on my G24. On their website Dawson says to match this rear sight with their .205" tall FO front sight(PN: 019-013). My assumption is that the .205" sight is the correct height for the G17/G22 length slide. However, it occurred to me that my G24 may require a taller front sight in order to shoot POA/POI because of the longer slide length. What height Dawson front sight should I get for my G24?

Also, the Dawson fixed rear sights are available with both a .125 and .115 notch widths. I was leaning towards the .125" rear notch. What notch width do you prefer for the G24 and why?

I would like to use the Dawson fixed rear sight(PN: 018-001)on my G24. On their website Dawson says to match this rear sight with their .205" tall FO front sight(PN: 019-013). My assumption is that the .205" sight is the correct height for the G17/G22 length slide. However, it occurred to me that my G24 may require a taller front sight in order to shoot POA/POI because of the longer slide length. What height Dawson front sight should I get for my G24?

Also, the Dawson fixed rear sights are available with both a .125 and .115 notch widths. I was leaning towards the .125" rear notch. What notch width do you prefer for the G24 and why?

Why not call Dawson's and ask the Man himself? He has the most user friendly sight policy anywhere and I'm sure can steer you to the setup best suited for you. If you buy the front and rear from him he will make sure you get what works for you. His suggested sight heights were right on for both my G34 and my XD Tac9 :cheers: