Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best production gun

Harmon

i shoot G34 in production, i have shot XD springfields, and i honestly think the glock is a better pistol...

seems not many people are using selective da/sa pistols like the M92 berretta, so i ask, are the safe action guns, like glock and XD or dao guns like th LDA the best choice for production?

i see the Xds as not as accurate as my glock, i havent shot one yet that shoots as accurate. i have shot 9 of them. good pistol, but not as good as glock in my opinion.

master class shooter in my area insists the para LDA is it for production.

he claims the only flaw is its incredibly hard to reload,

one of its attributes i see is that its about twice as heavy as my glock. more weight means less recoil...but everything about that para is more expensive.

i ask the opinion of you, what is the best production gun??

my glock was under 600, and shoots about .75 inch groups at 25 yards from a rest.....

is there a better gun?

anyone using "real" double action pistols like the CZ75?

let me know what you think

Jake is right. As with everything else in this sport, there are exceptions to every trend.

Glocks seem to dominate production for the reasons you've mentioned, but Ron Ankeny (sp?) made master production with a CZ - a real double action gun.

And Angus shoots a CZ pretty well also.

Todd Jarrett and Kenneth Hicks are the only two I can think of shooting Para's in Production. Don't know if that means a thing, those two can both shoot pretty well.

Shoot all the different types you can and pick what you like.

Or find a sponser, that will make your mind up for you!

Al

The "best" gun for Production is the one that you can actually reach the mag release on. It's all about the reloads there.

There's a gazillion threads here on the subject. You'll pick up a lot browsing around. Like Jake said, whatever works and suits your fancy is "best."