Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 617 10-shot rimfire speedloaders

Carmoney

I keep hearing from knowledgeable sources that these were once available, but perhaps now out of production. I can't remember the name of the company....

I really need about 5 speedloaders so I'm not so dang slow while reloading my 617 between runs at our local Steel Challenge shoots. I'm beginning to even annoy myself.

Anyone have any information on this?

Mike

I used to have one. I think HKS made it. It was virtually impossible to use, though. Lining up 10 rounds of .22LR at the same time didn't go well. Furthermore, when you DID get all 10 lined up at the same time they wouldn't drop all the way into their individual chambers. You'd have to seat each round individually.

Mike,

5 year old information:

NEXLOAD speed loader. "CNC machined from solid aircraft grade 6061-T651 aluminum. 303 stainless steel internal components, no plastic parts."

$33 apiece.

Buckeye Tool and Mfg. Corp.

P.O. Box 471

Columbia Station, OH 44028

440 236 9854

I used to have one. I think HKS made it. It was virtually impossible to use, though. Lining up 10 rounds of .22LR at the same time didn't go well. Furthermore, when you DID get all 10 lined up at the same time they wouldn't drop all the way into their individual chambers. You'd have to seat each round individually.

Lining up six rounds in my model 17 was tough, I could not imagine 10.

Ted