Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge Start Up?

quedude

Looking for infomation on the steel challenge shooting series that pertains to safety. I am going in front of a board at my local rifle club and need as much info that I can get my hands on to sway them to let us proceed with this series. It is going to be a hard road to hoe and need all the help we can get. I'm sure there is other people that have gone through what I'm going through now so thank you in advance.

When I went to the BOD I had all stages to show how far away the targets are, I had the MGM target design, I also took a video of the world championships showing how it is done. We have a BOD that is very familiar with steel and how bullets react to it.

call Kim at USPSA. In the new steel challenge club packet, there is a whole bunch of information from steel target manufacturers. One in particular had nice looking diagrams that show how steel is angled downward slightly and how the bullets/fragments go into the ground.

I am guessing Kim would send you that packet prior to you all actually becoming a steel challenge club.

They seem to have a problem with shooting steel and when the IPISC club does it the steel has to be on the birm to keep the rounds from going over it. Which we all know the Steel Challenge is a completly different animal.