Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Large primer pick up tubes

Well cranked out 800 round on new 550b and had no issues at all and then one day started having crushed primers and primers not seating correctly. Examined the pick up tube and it was having trouble picking up primers, checked my spares pack and all the green pick up ends have a very small lip part way in the tube that is maybe 2-3 mm long and is a couple of mm up from the bottom of the lip.

Is this normal as when i have a full tube the last primer always gets stuck when I`m releasing them and I have to use the edge of the pin to free the top/last primer ? Any info on this would be much appreciated.

My tubes are like that. The last primer always needs pushed down in the tube. I use the plastic follower rod to push it in with. If this was not the case there would be nothing holding the primers in the tube.

As for the flipping. Not sure. When exactly are they flipping? Make sure the end is pushed all the way onto the tube. If you get too much of a gap in there primers will flip.

Also check the magazine tube to make sure it is locked in place. Then I guess you could check to see if the bench is moving enough to cause the primers to flip.

Edited by Sarge