Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

whats the spring of choice for a G34 for Prod?

Matthew_Mink

I'm not going to be the first guy bumped to Open because my gun weighed 2.1 oz more than factory

For sure, but what about being bumped out of Production for a 124.9 PF.... :blink:

I'd tell you about my spring but I shoot a stubby gun.... :P

Turtle,

Glad your made it to the Buckeye Blast. I was able to watch pretty close as you shot stage 6 ("Choices"). Very nice shooting!

Matt, I am pretty sure he shoots a 40, Zero 180JHP's...if I recall correctly from the chrono.

Sounds like nothing but stock parts to me (except for sights and grip tape).

And, only "minor detailing" on the internals.

Kyle,

I have it on good authority that the division guidelines will NOT change with the new rulebook. I sent a memo to Mike Voight and all 8 area directors after reading John Amidon's last INSIDE NROI column. Apparently the board agreed to keep the U.S. Division guidelines the way they were, as a starting point. They then passed a few amendments, including the change to the ten round rule --- basically amending it to read that mags may not contain more than ten rounds AFTER the beep, and allowing wheelguns in Production. The confusion apparently arose because Amidon wasn't present for the first day of the board meeting when these issues were decided....

Flex,

The proposed (soon to be official) rules are on the member's page of the USPSA web site. The differences between USPSA and IPSC are hi-lighted in red, if I'm not mistaken.

There's not much difference for us, Matt. Pretty much the same game for us Westerners. BTW, Flex is right. I shoot 180 Zero's thru a G22, sprung with a 14lb wolff. I was using a 12lb'er but had a malfunction at the Area 6 with it. Like you Matt, I like the lighter spring to avoid muzzle dip, but reliability is paramount.

Thanks for the attaboy Flex.

Regards,

Todd

I should have checked the online version...my mistake guys. Thanks for the correction. The online version IS different from the book I got in the CRO class recently.

Thanks for the attaboy Flex.
Well earned!

CGR, just for clarity...you are talking about IPSC trigger weight rules, not USPSA...right?