Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd Annual Tactical Shotgun Championship

Jesse, That stage in the suspended half pipe looks fun. You mentioned the bar being set. I am just now designing a stage where we can shoot out of a hammock. Extra points for wearing a banana hammock while shooting this stage.

For those who are new to this location Del-Tone-Luth range has a campground on site with electical and showers.

Jay

Be careful what you wish for!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it too late to get in on this? Anyone know the round count or number of stages?

It is never too late, we would welcome your presence.

We have not finalized the stage or round count yet, they have been working on the range.

There will be at least 10 stages.

i would bring 200 birdshot, 25 00 Buck and 20 slugs.

click here for application

I was up at the range this afternoon. I am sorry to report that the lake or pond or swamp (whatever you want to call it) drops off too deep right at shore. I had planned for a stage to start waist deep in the water. I am sorry, I will not be able to deliver on this.

Jay

The match is about 10 days out. I have posted a link in the RULES section with the tentative rules we will be using at www.mn3gungroup.org. The suggested round count is as follows. 300 rounds of 2-3/4 inch 7 1/2, 8, 9, or 12 shot, 20 slugs and 25 00 buck shot. Del Tone Luth Range has a full line of target shells on site. They will not be able to help you with slugs and buck. We will have 12 or 13 stages set for this match. If you don’t have an application in get it in. It can be found at the link below.

See you there

Jay

Check out http://tacticalshotgunchampionship.com/ for more info as well as match video from last year.

The match is about 10 days out. I have posted a link in the RULES section with the tentative rules we will be using at www.mn3gungroup.org. The suggested round count is as follows. 300 rounds of 2-3/4 inch 7 1/2, 8, 9, or 12 shot, 20 slugs and 25 00 buck shot. Del Tone Luth Range has a full line of target shells on site. They will not be able to help you with slugs and buck. We will have 12 or 13 stages set for this match. If you don’t have an application in get it in. It can be found at the link below.

See you there

Jay

Check out http://tacticalshotgunchampionship.com/ for more info as well as match video from last year.

Damn that's a lot of shooting!!! I can hardly wait.

How much time are we going to have on the charcoal stage?

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

See you there

Jay

Where does a guy find 12 shot nowadays?

No Idea, Kenny Anderson sent that to me. I think you have to load it yourself. Not sure I have ever seen any.

I think it is going to be 45 seconds. It won;t be worth as much as last year. It will be a 50 point stage. All other stages will be based on the total number of targets available.

Jay

Edited by J.Schmitt

Sounds like an awesome match and much better weather up there this time of year but the airfare is a KILLER!!

It was only $350 a week ago from OKC direct to Minneapolis. It jumped to $800+ yesterday. I was going To fly myself.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

See you there

Jay

Damn that's a lot of shooting!!! I can hardly wait.

How much time are we going to have on the charcoal stage?

45 second par time for the charcoal stage.

Jesse

I don't remember any MGM Swingers last year. MGM Spinners will be there though.

I drilled and tapped the grease bushing so that I could put on a specially designed friction nut that allows me to set the spinner from "free spinning" to "immovable" for when the likes of you or Casman are shooting at it. :cheers:

Jesse

I don't remember any MGM Swingers last year. MGM Spinners will be there though.

I drilled and tapped the grease bushing so that I could put on a specially designed friction nut that allows me to set the spinner from "free spinning" to "immovable" for when the likes of you or Casman are shooting at it. :cheers:

Oh yes I meant spinners. I'll be sure to pack my tool kit with an adjustable wrench to make them more enjoyable.

Stages are set, we had people setting up from 0700 to 2030 hours, RO's shoot tomorrow. Some good tactical solutions to problems will present themselves. Look forward to seeing everyone on Sat.

Jay