Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Berretta 390 cycling problems

Pitt Bull

I took my Fathers 390 out and it would not cycle. It would fire and the next shell would only get half way into the chamber. It felt sticky inside of the reciver so I cleaned it and the rest of the gun. Now for the new problem. While hand cycling the bolt it will eject the shell in the chamber but the carrier will not even pick up the next shell from the tube. It just stays in the tube. What have I done to cause this and how do I fix it?

I took my Fathers 390 out and it would not cycle. It would fire and the next shell would only get half way into the chamber. It felt sticky inside of the reciver so I cleaned it and the rest of the gun. Now for the new problem. While hand cycling the bolt it will eject the shell in the chamber but the carrier will not even pick up the next shell from the tube. It just stays in the tube. What have I done to cause this and how do I fix it?

I can't remember if the 390's have the magazine cutoff button on the left side of the receiver. That would hold the shells in the mag. Can you see what is holding the shells in the tube?

The first problem could be a dirty gun. Make sure the piston can move freely on the shaft and in to the gas port area. I have also had problems with the rod that connects to the back of the bolt. For the second problem, check the cut-off as previously stated. I would also push the small button at the back of the loading port to release the shell, then try to cycle it.

If you hand cycle it without a shell in the mag tube, does the lifter move up as the bolt starts forward, and then fall again as the bolt closes?

Edited by nontactical

• 4 months later...

if you hand cycle it's not suppose to toss a new shell in. If you fire the gun it should.

Try pressing the little button at the rear (towards the back of gun) of the carrier, a shell should get tossed out of the mag. then it will get put into the chamber when you manually cycle.