Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My 930 after 10,000 rounds .

gunfighteruk

Iv owned my 930 for a year now & put about 10,000 rounds through it ( we shoot a lot of shotgun in the uk ! )

Overall the guns run great but the leading up on the factory mag tube from the piston back blast has caused a few stoppages in matches. Its normal for us to shoot 150+ rounds at a match with the buckshot causing the most leading up - although this is mostly due to the ammo were limited to & not the guns fault.

I read that Jerry's factory 930's have chromed parts - have any of you thought of doing that to the mag tubes to stop the build up of crap ?

Any one got any other suggestions to cut down this build up ??

Thanks a lot.

Edited by gunfighteruk

Great to know your gun is holding up after that many rounds. For some reason on this forum lots of people say the gun wont last that long. Glad to hear from someone who actually shoots a 930, and doesnt just speculate it wont last cause it doesnt cost a thousand bucks.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the 930. Glad to hear from someone with lots of rounds on one. I've been running one for a couple of years and can't figure a good solution to the fouling of the tube problem. My latest effort is to polish the tube and lube it heavily. Hasn't been long enough since i did it to know if it works yet. If it helps, i'll post on BE. If not, next try is to run it dry and see what happens.

Everything i shoot with the exception of a few slugs is plastic wad. I can't really see how there could be much lead as no lead is exposed to the burning powder to vaporize it. Also, as the shot travels down the barrel, it should be in a shot cup as it passes the gas ports. Might not apply to fiber wads, but should to plastic.

I have heard that the gas system is susceptible to getting plastic from wads stuck in the gas relief valve but have not had any problems with it myself.

I use a scraper, solvent, and scrub pads to remove the ring from my tube. It has no finish left so last time i polished it to see if that would reduce the problem. Ran 50-75 rds through then cleaned afterwards. It did not seem to help much.