Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uniquetek

I have looked at the Uniquetek tool head modification kit and do not understand how it works. Someone please explain, for the life of me this concept of screwing a screw to the tool head which than floats?? into the press frame reminds me a little of someone trying to pull themselves up by their bootstraps? I am missing something here?

Thank you I now understand the tool head actually screws into the press via some heater coils? that would fasten it and improve things somewhat. Anyway thanks I can now understand how it works-I re-load for .223 so I will order one for that caliber

Here are pictures of the clamp kit installed on the Whidden billet toolhead:

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

Keep in mind the billet toolhead had everything already installed, and you simply screw the two screws into the toolhead instead of using the two pins from Dillon. Not exactly what you are looking for, but hopefully it will help some.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the 550B for .223 and find it absolutely amazing. I think I like the semi automatic press as well as the fully progressive ones. I have a Hornady AP and it is fine but the Dillon 550B beats it for any caliber. Yes maybe a little slower because you feed and progress by hand but it is frankly more accurate (you check each step because of the hand indexing) and not noticeably slower. I do not have to make fine adjustments, it is always good to go.

I guess the short answer is yes do it for sure

A Dillon 550 thread in the Non-Dillon section. Hmmm - - Does this mean I should post Hornady LNL comments in the Dillon section??Or is this a non-Dillon part installed on a Dillon? Can it be installed on any other press?

Edit: I see it can be installed on RCBS also - nevermind....:sight:

Edited by Mush from PA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...