Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EzWinScore update-classifications error

Deuce

I just entered scores the other night. I went to update classifications ... new file as of the 12th. I noticed that my own master-record had no classification ... at all. I used the # in the master-record (copy-n-paste) to do a search (via Notepad B) ) in the ezdb.txt (sp?) and my record showed up. I ran it a few more times ... no change. It kept showing that my USPSA # and division had no match ... WTF?!

I had to add it manually.

I checked out the FAQ and everything. No, I didn't save it under another filename.

I'm quite certain I'm running the latest version. I'm at work and the software's at home so if you ask about any details, you'll have to wait ... if I check after I get home at all. :rolleyes:

Anyone else ever see this sort of thing? :huh:

I'd check what Flex$ mentioned. People changing from annual to multi-year memberships is the most common reason I "lose" classifications when I do the updates. Hopefully the next update of the software will accomodate that since the number does not change for anyone other than life members.

I started with FY and I'm only in my 2nd year of that.

I'm pretty sure there was more than mine. It's just that what I saw of mine, I knew it was an error.

I was hoping someone else noticed the same thing. But, if no one does, maybe I need to take a harder look and prepare some real evidence. :(

Joey-da-score,

After an update, do you have to go in and change the annuals to FY, TY, etc. ?

Or, does the update do that for you?

Duece, I think you have to push about every button on the screen when you do an update. (get file > import > update master > update match...did I miss any?)

I have to do it manually. When a shooter's A changes to a TY or Fy (or vice versa), the update produces the "not found" message and makes that entry in the database a "U" for their classification. Sometimes I catch it myself, but sometimes I learn when a shooter reminds me after seeing the results and has been an A class shooter for years who is suddenly a U!

It would be great if the software would look at the numeric part of the uspsa ID and then at least ask if it's the same shooter and whether or not they have changed the way they pay their dues. I think it would be easier if the database itself just looked at the numeric part anyway, but that's just me!