Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Northeast Ohio

Paragram

Hello from Northeast Ohio - Sagamore Hills area. I have been reading the forums for several months now - tons of great info. and nice, helpful people here!

I spent 3 1/2 years in the Army and missed shooting. Recently bought a Glock 34 (unmodified, so far) and a JP-15 rifle (incredible rifle). I plan on entering some 3 gun competitions when the weather gets better. I am having so much fun practicing with my Glock that I am up for pretty much anything - I just like to shoot. My favorite is still the AR platform - hence the $$ spent on the JP. I am having a heck of a time finding a good place to shoot in Northeast Ohio, especially long range. Any suggestions would be great!

I would love to find some type of club or range that has any type of fun or competitive shooting.

Hope to see some of you out on the range some day.

Hello from Northeast Ohio - Sagamore Hills area. I have been reading the forums for several months now - tons of great info. and nice, helpful people here!

I spent 3 1/2 years in the Army and missed shooting. Recently bought a Glock 34 (unmodified, so far) and a JP-15 rifle (incredible rifle). I plan on entering some 3 gun competitions when the weather gets better. I am having so much fun practicing with my Glock that I am up for pretty much anything - I just like to shoot. My favorite is still the AR platform - hence the $$ spent on the JP. I am having a heck of a time finding a good place to shoot in Northeast Ohio, especially long range. Any suggestions would be great!

I would love to find some type of club or range that has any type of fun or competitive shooting.

Hope to see some of you out on the range some day.

Welcome to the forums, from southeastern Ohio!

Welcome to the forum! There are quite a few places to shoot in NE Ohio. I live in Cuyahoga Falls and I am a USPSA Club Contact at a club in Portage County. The club I belong to has 100, 200,and 300 yard rifle ranges and the membership rates are very reasonable.

Click on the link in my signature line for details. Hope to meet you sometime.

Jeff

Thank you for the welcome.

Jeff, that place looks great and is close to where I live. I looked at the events and seems as though you have tons of fun and competitive stuff to offer. I would love to check it out sometime. Now if we could just get rid of this white stuff on the ground...

Flex, I just moved from Columbus a few months ago. Nice choice of guns :)

Paragram, check out the following...I've included info for Jeff's club even though you know about it from him.

I live in Ravenna. Not much going on during the winter except some indoor shoots in PA. I was a newby a looooong time ago and am still at it and enjoy it. There are three clubs that I shoot at during the Summer. Check out the USPSA web site for...

Club codes OH 12 and OH 17 for contact info. Crooked Creek (OH 12) will probably start next April (the 4th weekend) and I am not sure when Portage-Summit (OH 17) will start.

Youngstown Rifle and Pistol Club shoots IDPA probably starting in May (the 4th Sun.) I usually help set up at CC on Sat. and shoot one gun after set-up and then shoot YRP on Sunday.

CC and YRP also have rifle ranges. Don't know of any clubs locally that shoot 3 gun but that is beacuse I don't myself. The USPSA site should lead you to 3 gun matches.

Good luck,

Richard

Thank you for the great information! I guess my internet search skills are not very good - I was searching for ranges, not clubs. Do I have to know someone to check these clubs out?

At my club you do not have to know anybody. We have our monthly meeting the third Sunday of every month with a hot lunch at 2PM in the club house that are open to the public. We actually have the January tomorrow (1/15) and I will be there. So if you are available, come on out. First year associate membership I think is $65 now and each year after that is $110. 80 acres with deer hunting, skeet, small bore range and the rifle ranges I mentioned.

The USPSA matches, like mine and at Crooked Creek, or any other club for that matter are always open to the public.

Jeff

Paragram, you don't need to be a member of CC or YRP to check them out or shoot in there matches but there probably isn't much to see until the weather breaks. Check out both sites and get contact info. I'm sure CC has directions and you can probably get enough info from YRP to Map Quest directions. CC is about 2 miles North of Hartsgrove on SR 534. YRP is South off of CR 18 just East of SR 45.

Hope this helps,

Richard