Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

won money shooting

peteinct

Just wanted to brag a little! I collected some dough from the 2011 walls of steel match in RI. I didn't win any divisions but I won some money in all the divisions I competed in. It surprised me that my scores earned a prize but I'll take it. The lewis scoring spreads out the payouts to many participants. I was thinking about just framing the check but expect I'll cash it eventually. Ive won a couple club matches but this is the first time shooting hasn't cost me money! thanks to Wallum lake for puting on an excellent match.

pete

Just wanted to brag a little! I collected some dough from the 2011 walls of steel match in RI. I didn't win any divisions but I won some money in all the divisions I competed in. It surprised me that my scores earned a prize but I'll take it. The lewis scoring spreads out the payouts to many participants. I was thinking about just framing the check but expect I'll cash it eventually. Ive won a couple club matches but this is the first time shooting hasn't cost me money! thanks to Wallum lake for puting on an excellent match.

pete

Personally, I hate lewis class. I don't like the idea of "If I did a little *worse*, I would've won money." If I wanted to win money based on chance, I'd play the lottery.

thanks for the replies. I won 155 dollars which more than paid for the match. The lewis system is pure luck. You cant determine ahead of time where the payout points will be so you just shoot your best and let the chips falll where they may. The match was fun I would have shot it again anyway. Pete

thanks for the replies. I won 155 dollars which more than paid for the match. The lewis system is pure luck. You cant determine ahead of time where the payout points will be so you just shoot your best and let the chips falll where they may. The match was fun I would have shot it again anyway. Pete

Yeah, everything I hear about that match is good. The only reason I didn't shoot it was I was working the NE Regional IDPA match that weekend. Hopefully there won't be a conflict this year.