Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$1200 to buy a NON Glock?

dkclimber

I humbly beg to differ.

If a Glock is like a BK Cheeseburger, then a 1911 is like one of these gourmet burgers (http://www.foodandwi...gers-in-the-us; http://www.gq.com/fo...urger-death-eat): takes way more effort and money to prepare, but if you're willing to go through all that hassle, it's way better.

:cheers:

I personally only had 1911s for the past 15 years, but I got fat and lazy and switched to a Glock -- as zero-maintenance as one can get.

Only having glocks is like only eating and liking a cheeseburger at Burger King. The 1911 is like the Big Mac! If you never had one, you should try one!

Edited by SirLoin

I recently went from Glock 34's shooting in IDPA and USPSA to the new Springfield XDm 5.25 and had Scott Simpson at Simpson Precision redo the trigger and stipple the gun. Under $1200 and handles very much like a Glock but has a much better trigger. Good luck and I think your Wife would like the 3 backstraps to try when fitting her hand.

ONE NINE ONE ONE!, Then I would look at the CZ75-SP01 Shadow that you can get from Angus at CZ custom.

Only having glocks is like only eating and liking a cheeseburger at Burger King. The 1911 is like the Big Mac! If you never had one, you should try one!

Randy

For the 1911, look at a STI Trojan in 40.

I like 1911's. I have only had experience with Kimber, Colt, and Sig. The feel is natural and ultimately I would love a 2011.

( I'm also a Big Mac guy)

Wait for a nice used STI .40 Eagle with a bushing barrel. That would be the gun for you. Close seconds would be a Caspian Hi Cap or something like a CZ IPSC Tactical Sport. I think someone had a CZ on here for $1100. You can get mags that hold 19-20 for all these. If another Glock style gun is wanted, then a S&W .40 M&P Pro. The interchangeable back straps might be nice for your wife and they seem to have a low sitting bore.

Edited by z40acp

If you are not already setup to reload, I would get a Dillon 550 or 650 and start loading 9mm. You already have guns your whole family can compete with (G19, G17, G34). Also, use that money to get everyone setup with proper belts, holsters and mag pouches.

Nothing wrong with a Glock. They can perform at the highest levels. If you insist on buying another gun, why not go for a used Glock setup for Limited, or one setup in 9mm Open? They show up in the classifieds fairly often.

I will echo the 1911 suggestions. Every gun enthusiast should own one. Fun to shoot, versatile for many competition circuits and it's classic americana!

I settled on a Kimber Custom II (their base model) and it is an excellent pistol. Zero problems to date. Fpr 1200.00 though, you could look at some higher end 1911's. Good luck in your search :cheers:

Edited by soundwave