Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

226 Equinox 9mm Production Legal?

I can't figure out the Sig Production list. I am now shooting open, but I occasionally like to shoot production. The only problem is the closest thing I have to a production legal gun is the Sig P226 equinox in 9mm DA/SA. The list has the 40 version listed and a bunch of 9mm 226, just not the 9mm equinox. I'm guessing it won't fly, but I just wanted to check before I have to get another type of gun.

It is the same version of other production legal guns with just a different finish. The rules say you can put a different finish on the gun. I also know factory parts can be replaced with other factory parts. It's not a caliber conversion and it is not a single action only. So after searching the forum and reading the rulebook. I'm on the fence... Thanks

I wouldn't hesitate to run one. It's a refinished P226 with some lettering on the slide. You're good.

Yeah, don't do that.

If it's not specifically listed, it's not legal. Really simple though. Just email dnroi@uspsa.org and ask about it. With the massive number of different versions that Sig kicks out (and they're naming system) it probably just slipped through. Should be pretty easy to fix it and be completely legal. I emailed John as well but it always helps to have someone with the actual gun in hand do so as well.

I wouldn't hesitate to run one. It's a refinished P226 with some lettering on the slide. You're good.

Yeah, don't do that.

If it's not specifically listed, it's not legal. Really simple though. Just email dnroi@uspsa.org and ask about it. With the massive number of different versions that Sig kicks out (and they're naming system) it probably just slipped through. Should be pretty easy to fix it and be completely legal. I emailed John as well but it always helps to have someone with the actual gun in hand do so as well.

Will do thanks. Yeah, I'll just run Open until I get the final word. It's nice shooting iron sights sometimes. It's only a local match, so I doubt anybody would care. I just like to play by the rules in case I ever decide to shoot a major match with it. For once I have a gun that is legal in IDPA, but not in USPSA. That has never happened to me before.

So... I feel a little dumb at the moment. I decided to breakout the Equinox and give it a good cleaning and oil it up. One little problem that I never caught before. The Barrel is not original and upon deeper inspection I noticed it's a conversion barrel. :blink:

I bought the gun a few months back at a gun show on an impulse buy and only shot it a few times. It's kind of been a bit of a safe queen. So, this thing is not going to fly as a Production gun. I'm going to have to find an OEM .40 barrel. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to out for this, but I didn't even consider the fact it was out of spec. I looked on the Sig website and they don't offer it in 40.