Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load help please

225 Fireman

I'm brand new to rifle loading and I'm loading for 3 gun. I have 69 SMK bullets and have already got some H335, Varget and Benchmark powders and could use some help if those are good powders to use please give me a starting point including OAL. If I should use something else let me know. Thanks in advance.

I'm brand new to rifle loading and I'm loading for 3 gun. I have 69 SMK bullets and have already got some H335, Varget and Benchmark powders and could use some help if those are good powders to use please give me a starting point including OAL. If I should use something else let me know. Thanks in advance.

Try some searching. But while I am here my load for 69gr SMK is 23.7gr of Ramshot TAC at 2.245 with CCI small Rifle Primers. 2682 fps ES 27 SD 10 at 68 degrees on 1/29/2011, 18" Sabre Defense Barrel with Sabre comp. My next run I am going to try 23.9gr.

Edited by CocoBolo

yep, do a search, you will find more data than you can digest...

I get best results with 24.5-25.5gn Varget with 69gn SMKs, 1.175 trim length, 2.250 OAL, tune OAL (.005 incriments, max mag length is around 2.265) and powder (.25gn incriments) to best accuracy.

jj