Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most desired gadget that doesn't exist

I have a Craig'sList baby jogger that I turned into my 3 gun cart by adding on the ATV gun racks. My jogger here is set up so that the front wheel comes off with a quick release (I think the way the brake is set up the tire has to be partially deflated to get the tire in or out). However, the two main wheels seem to be stuck on...they don't come equipped with quick releases. The whole jogger folds down to a point, but if the main wheels still have to stay on, it's kind of a moot point.

In another thread I posted in recently, somebody was asking about marking your brass. I have a two by four block that I spin the rounds in, and a marker puts a stripe around the the outside of the case. In a way, it would be nice if there was a contraption that would spin the rounds as they come down the ramp of a Dillon and put a stripe on the cases, then dumped the loaded rounds into an Akrobin. But the catch is that it would probably only be martketable to the guys still shooting some version of .38 Super Comp.

I know it is possible to extrude aluminum into all sorts of shapes...

I don't know what is all entailed in making SVI/STI mag tube bodies, but I was thinking it would be great if you could extrude (stainless?) steel, and hopefully hold the mag tubes to tighter tolerances, instead of using what seems like stainless steel sheet that is bent, run through dies and then welded back to itself...and doesn't require so much tuning and tweaking...especially for the prices they are asking for just for the mag tube body. :surprise:

In my opinion, a mag....a whole mag....should cost at most $25 and RUN! right out of the box.

Edited by Chills1994

Perhaps properly sized blocks to be able to paint brass w. steel layout fluid? Maybe w. some kind of felt? ring to stop the fluid from running forward onto the block - and something to wipe it off the top as well.

Currently, my process is spray, wipe the bases off, spray the next block, then empty the first block, while wiping off the excess.