Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most desired gadget that doesn't exist

A buddy of mine is working on his PhD in engineering and is entering a contest to develop new camping/hunting/shooting products. The company sponsoring the contest primarily makes accessories made of powder coated aluminum (shooting sticks, bipods, etc), but the contest is pretty wide open.

So - if you had an engineer at your disposal looking to develop the ultimate gadget for hunting/camping/shooting, what would it be?

Folding hand truck sized to carry a large shooters bag. Wheels as large and wide as possible, fold down seat.

I broke the cheap one from Harbor Freight and the better ones are $75-100 from Fastenal and MSC.

Paul

So - if you had an engineer at your disposal looking to develop the ultimate gadget for hunting/camping/shooting, what would it be?

I don't do any camping any more, but something did just pop into my head. I always wanted a convertible camp cot/lounge chair. Something that could do double duty folded out flat as a cot or folded up as a chair or lounge. Not exactly something you would take on a long hike but would fit nicely into the back of the truck.

A battery powered magazine loader / topper-offer. :D

Dump in a box of cartridges, insert your magazine and zipity zap, loaded just like that!

I'm thinking it needs to be no larger than one square foot, and weighing no more than eight pounds.

An affordable brass sorter that separates out SC, Super (you bastards... quit shooting that stuff will ya?), 9, 380 and 40 and separates all those rounds that get stuck inside of .40 brass.

Okay, it doesn't have to be THAT affordable. I freaking hate sorting brass.

Does anybody already make a trailer hitch mounted gambrel/winch system? It would slide in the hole for the receiver hitch, come out horizontally so far enough to clear the tailgate. Lower the gambrel down, hook it to the deer, winch the deer up, gut the deer, then swing the deer up and over the bed of the truck and lower it into the truck.

Does anybody already make a trailer hitch mounted gambrel/winch system? It would slide in the hole for the receiver hitch, come out horizontally so far enough to clear the tailgate. Lower the gambrel down, hook it to the deer, winch the deer up, gut the deer, then swing the deer up and over the bed of the truck and lower it into the truck.

DONE,sportsman's guide the magazine you get in the mail had one in the last copy I got,,

Folding wheeled range/camp chair/dolly. Put your bag on the seat between stages (or on the way to the campsite or whatever), then unload it and sit. There are some out there now (DAA, Rolly), but none are perfect.

Vibra-Prime!!! LOL :rolleyes:

This and a brass magnet.

Brass magnet has already been invented, so to speak....Pump enough juice into a large enough electro magnet, and it will pick up a strawberry.....mega-joules though...enough to power a small city...I don't think it will take as much to pick up brass though...maybe just enough power to power a small town... :roflol:

OK I got my wife to hide my "Smart Ass " hat. This is a real request , but I do not know how big the market would be.

Possum hollow makes the hand held gadget to time our brass . But something similar in application but trims the end of the bullet -Meplat- uniforms the end of rough holowpoints. this gadget would fit in the kit and space off the shoulder of the case and up touching the bullet at the case neck. it would do the function of the Meplat. An obsessive shooter could Meplat his bullets on the road , or just for testing at the range. and for the times we end up with bullets that drag in our mag and drive us crazy we could trim off the tip. I think the market would be in saving a trip to the range or a long drive to an out of town match. I would pay $45.00 for one maybe end up loaning it out more than I would use it ?

It would have to adjust easy with an Allen set like the Sinclair tool Set the thing for mag length and keep it handy in you range bag

Its late I need to sleep

DONE,sportsman's guide the magazine you get in the mail had one in the last copy I got,,

Okay, thanks! I figured somebody by now had started making them.