Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5.25 full gun work

benjamin

I hate to even start a new topic to ask this question, but i would like to buy the 5.25 and get a trigger job done on it, but don't see any reason to buy the gun and then ship it out to get the work done. after some research buying the full gun from a custom place (for example canyon creek is 1250) is just too much for me to spend. I already have the mag ext. for it and basically just want the trigger done (unless there is something else major i am missing that should be done).. it will be my 3gun pistol... so far the best route seems to be buying from cheaperthandirt ($666), shipping it straight to canyon creek and then having the gun shipped to me... is there a better route to take??

Edited by benjamin

Give Rich at Canyon Creek a call since I believe he is willing and able to do a trigger job and send it off to your local FFL. If memory serves the guns listed on his site for 1250 or so are production ready guns with all the bells and whistles that are allowed for a production gun. I have no doubt he would be happy to do less to a gun if all you wanted is a trigger job.

+1 for Springer Precision. I bought the gun new, shipped it to Scott for a full competition job. Got it back in less than a week. (I'm also in Oregon)

I would think who ever you buy it from could drop ship it to who does the work.

Edited by Bansheex

+1 for Springer Precision. I bought the gun new, shipped it to Scott for a full competition job. Got it back in less than a week. (I'm also in Oregon)

I would think who ever you buy it from could drop ship it to who does the work.

+2

Scott, and crew, turned my XDm into a limited gun. I am very pleased with the results :cheers:

I can't recommend Springer Precision highly enough. Scott is a great guy and he does amazing work. I have been to his shop and got the full tour. It's a great shop and they turn out great work. Buy your gun from Scott and have him set it up the way you want before he ships it to your dealer.