Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder recommendation for Gold Team in 38 Super

acekc

Choosing a forum for this was a toss-up; it's a reloading question but it pertains specifically to Tanfoglios.

I will almost certainly be purchasing a Gold Team in 38 Super in the immediate future. I spent some time perusing the forums with regard to powder choices in 38 Super. Unlike some of the other calibers I didn't have much luck identifying a clear favorite or even a frontrunner. Several people indicated that the best powder for one gun might not be the best for other guns due to differences in the number of ports in the compensator, whether the barrel is ported, etc.

With that in mind, I'd like to know what other 38 Super Gold Team owners have discovered in their quest for the perfect powder.

Almost all use vit. I think 3n38 is really popular. I don't want to spend that cash for powder so I use blue dot. I believe you will use less vit than I do for blue dot, but vit is more $.

Just my two cents.

Good luck and keep us posted.

when I had a v12 , I used vit n105 with 115's. Still the flattest shooting gun/load combo I've shot. Since vit is so pricey I used imr 4756 for practice. Pretty close but not as flat, and it;s cheap

On VV's web they have good loading guides for 38 Super and 38 Super Lapua(their 38 Super Comp).

I see load data for "regular" 38 Super, but ported/comped guns usually need loads that are outside typical 38 Super loads because the ports and comps need slower burning powder. Is there some sort of guide other than the regular load data for 38 Super?