Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed mag pouches for P226

NewColonial

I tried the plastic base plate 18 round Mecgar mag and it will go in more loosely, as long at the tension knob is loosened all the way. Unfortunately most of my mags are the factory metal mecgar 15w. The Glock insert is much too loose, even looser than the pre-installed spacer. I guess technically the 15s work, I just lift the belt up as well trying to get the mag out. :-)

I wrote Chuck at Shooters Connection, may he has an idea.

Thanks for the replies

Edited by NewColonial

Corrected: Plastic base plate. Trying to distinguish between the 15s that came with the gun, with the thinner metal baseplate.

The magazine tube for the 18/20rnd MecGar magazine is slightly longer inorder to provide clearance for the plastic baseplates. However, all other dimension remain the same.

Guessing I try a washer behind the default spacer. That might allow adjustment to work with both mag variants. A Google hunt shows the same suggested fit for XDM mags.

There's never a bad excuse for a trip to the hardware store!

Edited by NewColonial

Just to complete the info, in case future folks come here via Google, the secret it seems when installing the CR pouches on the DAA belt is to push, not pull. :-) Those suckers are tight. I put it on, I'm assuming the washer trick will work!

Edited by NewColonial