Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

20rd PMAG Problem

Mark K

does it only happen when you load it to capacity? Can you load 6 rounds and replicate the failure?

I was just thinking a burr on the spine that is in the front of the mag could cause a malfunction at a specific point. It does not necessarily explain the double feeding, but I'm curious.

If for some reason you can't resolve it, I'll offer to trade you a working, unmodified 20 round pmag for your malfunctioning one.

I have to modify 20 rounders pretty extensively for my 450 bushmaster (removing the front spine altogether and threading nylon screws into the follower to take up the lost space) and they still run perfectly...

does it only happen when you load it to capacity? Can you load 6 rounds and replicate the failure?

I was just thinking a burr on the spine that is in the front of the mag could cause a malfunction at a specific point. It does not necessarily explain the double feeding, but I'm curious.

If for some reason you can't resolve it, I'll offer to trade you a working, unmodified 20 round pmag for your malfunctioning one.

I have to modify 20 rounders pretty extensively for my 450 bushmaster (removing the front spine altogether and threading nylon screws into the follower to take up the lost space) and they still run perfectly...

Been raining here, so when it lets up, I will actually function fire test and let you know. Thanks for the exchange offer.

• 2 weeks later...