Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rem 1100 20ga Youth Model

Bill H

I have a 1100 20ga youth model I am playing with and it seems like it may want something more than the 7/8oz loads. Anyone else have one of these? Of course I want the wimpiest ( sorry tactical) loads that will work. Do they usually need any break in or are they good to go out of the box?

Thanks

Bill

Just a word of warning.

If you intend to shoot it for IPSC/USPSA watch out for the minimum PF (520).

This certainly applies to the IPSC rules and I haven't heard of any proposed change for USPSA but please check.

20ga can make it but you have to watch your loads.

Just a word of warning.

If you intend to shoot it for IPSC/USPSA watch out for the minimum PF (520).

This certainly applies to the IPSC rules and I haven't heard of any proposed change for USPSA but please check.

20ga can make it but you have to watch your loads.

US 12.1.12.2 Power factor (Shotgun) The minimum caliber/bore used in shotgun will be 20ga, and it will be scored Major.

any load from light to heavy will be good to go as far as USPSA is concerned.

Bill, Rem heavy dove load, this is a 21/2 de 1 oz of 6s, killer on plates and poppers. Rem also makes a 5/8 oz slug and a #3 buck load. This is about the best for a 20. On all clay stages use the 7/8 stuff you have been useing. Larry

US 12.1.12.2 Power factor (Shotgun) The minimum caliber/bore used in shotgun will be 20ga, and it will be scored Major.

any load from light to heavy will be good to go as far as USPSA is concerned.

I agree that this is the current rule but I'm also aware that the BOD is looking to adopt the new long gun rules as soon as it is possible.

It will become even more important once the January 2004 rules for HG replace the 14th edition rules (which must surely now be only a matter of days) because the SG & R rules will then be in a bit of a limbo in that the current (SG) rules will exist as part of a set of discontinued HG rules.

Perhaps one of the directors can shed some light on this? I think I'll send a PM to ask the question.

UPDATE

A little birdie tells me, subject to confirmation later today:

I believe that for the 3 Gun Nationals the "20 gauge makes major" rule will be in effect. However, for the new Tournament and Shotgun rules, USPSA will have the 520 for major power factor.