Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry gun options

sgrc1

I met a kindred spirit in a tactical carbine class this weekend. After the class was over, we all took off our rifle gear and re-did ourselves for our normal every day kit.

When I looked at him, he was carrying a really nice FN P35 (aka "Hi-Power") behind each hip in matching IWB holsters (some premium gun leather brand I did not recognize.

When he looked at me, I have a 1911A1 on my right side in a Ky-Tac BraveHeart IWB holster and another 1911A1 worn crossdraw, just left of my belt buckle in a Comp-Tac C-TAC IWB holster. Usually the right side is a Para-Ord P14.45, but I was shooting single stack guns in the class when I transitioned from carbine to pistol

Now, some people claim that they can't carry a full size pistol, and they dismiss my experience because I am huge. The other guy, though, was maybe 5'4" at the most, and probably 140 lbs. And he could effectively conceal two Hi-Powers without any trouble.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all for great info!

I finally decided to stick to my G27, I tried several different loads and some felt way better than the original loads I was trying (Corbon +P loads).

I feel the benefit is that is is very weareable, reliabale and low cost maintainance which is just what I am looking for a carry.

I will never change my SVI Limited gun for competition but I guess I will live with the G27 for carry purposes.