Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Gunsmith for the Cup

Inka

Hi all,

I have decided to compete at the Cup this year with a Glock 34 in Production. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good Glocksmith who has experience tuning Glocks for AP? I was going to go with SJC as they have a good reputation, but thought I would ask to see if anyone had personal experience with other smiths. Thanks,

-Kirk

No experience with other Glocksmiths but I can tell you SJC did an awesome job rebarreling my 34 before the cup in 2010. Ask them for the NMII KKM barrel and tell them it's for Action Pistol. You'll need to use lighter bullets but the gun will shoot awesome. The first group I shot after getting the gun back was about an inch at 40 yards (longest range I had that day). I'm a big time SJC fanboy.

The first group I shot after getting the gun back was about an inch at 40 yards (longest range I had that day).

Thats an awesome group! What load were you using? I have been getting 4-5 inch groups at 50 yards with the stock barrel and hornady bullets and thought that was good. Looks like a new barrel may be in my future as well!

Edited by mwc

My Production setup was a 34 with Dawson Adjusable sights, SJC fit KKM NMII barrel, Tru-Grip, Standard connector with Wolff spring kit, ISMI steel guide rod wit 13 lb recoil spring.

Bianchi has a pretty wide range of guns in Production. M&P, XD, Glock seemed to be the most common. Some DA/SA but the trigger pull limit and way the stages are laid out make the Striker fired gun a better choice in my opinion.