Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

200gr FP zero minor load

fastarget

Was given 3500 of these fine bullets, would like specifically a minor load, loaded long for S-I type guns.

Have 320, 310 and TG to use. Will be Shooting through 5" Kart or 5" AET barrel.

From loading major a while back I am calculating 3.0 to 3.1 of 320 or 2.9-3.0 of TG but would like confirmation and comparison with 180 plated or fmj.

Edited by fastarget

I'm not sure I'd want to be trying 200's for a Minor load. At the really slow speeds, with the long bearing surface, you're just asking to get one stuck in the bore.

If by "Minor" you are willing to settle for 150PF, maybe. But I wouldn't be all that happy at going under 750 fps. Lead 200's, maybe, but jacketed is asking for it.

I'm not sure I'd want to be trying 200's for a Minor load. At the really slow speeds, with the long bearing surface, you're just asking to get one stuck in the bore.

If by "Minor" you are willing to settle for 150PF, maybe. But I wouldn't be all that happy at going under 750 fps. Lead 200's, maybe, but jacketed is asking for it.

Interesting , never thought about it that way. :surprise:

Was given 3500 of these fine bullets, would like specifically a minor load, loaded long for S-I type guns.

From loading major a while back I am calculating 3.0 to 3.1 of 320 or 2.9-3.0 of TG but would like confirmation and comparison with 180 plated or fmj.

I shot some BBI 200's in my 4" XD with 3.4 gr of N320 loaded at 1.135. If you load longer and have a longer barrel, you may need to play with it by .2gr to .4gr or so to make it reliable and accurate at 15 yards plus range. In my gun it would work at 3.2 but my accuracy fell off drastically at longer ranges till I went up to 3.4gr.

I shot some BBI 200's in my 4" XD with 3.4 gr of N320 loaded at 1.135. If you load longer and have a longer barrel, you may need to play with it by .2gr to .4gr or so to make it reliable and accurate at 15 yards plus range. In my gun it would work at 3.2 but my accuracy fell off drastically at longer ranges till I went up to 3.4gr.

Good to ask questions. I understand about groups/velocity it varies with bullets, with 180 and 9mm fmj they like to fly faster, and the groups tighten up, Berrys seem to like less.

Edited by fastarget