Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Choices

BigBets

Gents

Ordered my first limited STI pistol and I am now going over mag choices...Lots of searching here has helped quite a bit but I am still left with a few questions.

1.What is the difference between old style svi and new style svi magazines?

2.Do each have to be modified to work in a STI 2011 polymer grip?

3.If I want one reliable magazine I can do 21 +1 with what is my best choice?

4.I see SVI has new ultra capacity followers but it doesn't look as if they are compatible with STI tubes?

Thanks in advance

Jacob

Gents

Ordered my first limited STI pistol and I am now going over mag choices...Lots of searching here has helped quite a bit but I am still left with a few questions.

1.What is the difference between old style svi and new style svi magazines?

2.Do each have to be modified to work in a STI 2011 polymer grip?

3.If I want one reliable magazine I can do 21 +1 with what is my best choice?

4.I see SVI has new ultra capacity followers but it doesn't look as if they are compatible with STI tubes?

Thanks in advance

Jacob

The new SVI mags have a differently designed/located mag catch hole. They must be modified towork with anything other than an SVI grip frame.

The older SVI tubes are of the same design with respect to the mag catch hole as the STi and will work in a STI grip frame.

In a gun with a STi grip, the best (most reliable) combo IMO for 21+1 is an old style SVI tube (good luck finding these), bolen folowers springs and besepads. The bolen components tend to go too low in the STI tubes and when they get below the side indentations of the tube, the follower can roll over and you are left with a mag shaped rattle. The SVi tubes are indented differently and further down on the tube...

I don't have any experience with the new SVi followers.