Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Back to the dark side. :)

bpipe95

I had a gen3 19 and after doing defensive training classes I found that it just did not fit me. So I switched everything over to the M&P line. Love the guns but here in NY we still have the AWB and you can not have stranded cap (17rd) mags for the M&P due to it not being produced until after 94.

I have gotten into 3gun and shot in a match out side of NY this past summer and found out why it sucks to be stuck with 10 rd mags. 3 reloads for everyone else 1 really brings the suck!

I was able to get my hands on a gen4 34 and found that it fit my hands much better and decided to pick one up. I will be taking it out for some serious range time over the next few weeks and look forward to shooting it in 3 gun and other disciplines next year.

It is good to be back, and have standard cap mags available again. :devil:

Welcome back!

I grew up in upstate NY, outside of the freezing cold/snow, taxes, and gun laws, it is a great place to live during the summer:)

I started out with 1911s and a friend of mine introduced me to Glocks just over a year ago and I love them.

First small mod came in the mail today.

I had ordered an extended mag release earlier this week, and to my surprise it was in the mailbox today. It is Aluminum and some corners are a bit sharp so I might bevel the edges a bit. After a quick install and some dry fire drills I think I am going to like it.

I ordered it from rockyourglock.com on Wed night and had it today.

Next up is putting copious rounds down range so that I can make a decision on the sights and trigger.

Ran about 400 rounds through it on sunday. It had a few malfunctions to start out but it got better the more I ran it.

Things I noticed. I do not like the stock white sights, I will be painting the rear and get a FO front.

Other than the great reset the trigger leaves allot to be desired. I will be spending some time on it myself first just to play with the platform a bit. If I can not get what I want I wills seek out an aftermarket unit.

Now I realize that if I were to shoot this gun in a limited class I would be scored with minor and that would put me at a disadvantage points wise. But to be honest I really don't care about being ranked by USPSA I just want to get more trigger time while under pressure/under a timer.

So my question is, if I have a grip reduction/re-couture done to this gun will it still fit into a limited class? I just don't want to be put into open for making the gun fit my hand better.

Edited by bpipe95

I grew up shooting 1911 and have switched to Glocks for most of my pistol matches. Mag capacity is king and you'll get used to the trigger pull. You may want to look at warren or heinie sights with a fo front. Much nicer sight picture than stock. Good luck

Edited by Blue Jacket

I grew up shooting 1911 and have switched to Glocks for most of my pistol matches. Mag capacity is king and you'll get used to the trigger pull. You may want to look at warren or heinie sights with a fo front. Much nicer sight picture than stock. Good luck

Thanks I was looking at the Warren sights last night.

Luckily a preban is a preban and thus no limit on capacity.

I am now on the search for Prebans. I will be putting a wanted post up in the next few days for the exact model of glock mag I need. I am hoping we have some members here that have some old mags they would sell or trade for new mags delivered to them. :)

well I can report back that glock has mad a slight improvement in the ergonomics of the gen4. I now only get slide bite or "glock tracks" as I call them on one side of the slide... oye.

would a 1/4" more of beaver-tail killed them... :roflol: I swear they just don't like us guys who use high grips!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the gun and I are starting to get along much better...

Splits are still slower compared to my M&P (that I have shot a TON with) but with the glock they are a bit more consistent.

Was doing some drills today and happen to find a few playing cards on the ground figured why not put them to good use.

4hearts.jpg

First time ever trying it, little harder to do with a 9mm wolf FMJ than a .45swc...

did it from 21ft and got it on the 3rd shot, first two were just BARELY to left 3rd was a perfect split.

Side note, the new sights and connector arrived tonight, I think I am going to like them both. :)

Edited by bpipe95