Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A New Hampshire Shooter

Ian C.

Good morning from the Northeast.

This is the first shooting forum I have joined and I should probably introduce myself - my name is Ian, I have been shooting for the last 20 years. I live in southern NH, and I am currently looking for a local 3 gun club or matches being held in the general area (within 200 miles or so). I am interested in 3 gun because of the different skills needed to handle each weapon and the added complexity of the course. The problem is I can't seem to find any matches anywhere near NH - I would be willing to travel, and I'm sure there are others in the area who would like to compete, so If you are interested or know of a meet drop me a line!

Thanks for the wonderful resources.

-Ian

Welcome! Where in N.H. are you?

If you want to shoot 3 gun, New England is a virtual dessert for it. There are a couple but, nothing with regularity. Topton, Pa. runs 3 gun matches, but, the last couple years have been 3 man team matches. Next season, the team matches have expanded into a series. The match director down there has said that 3 gun will be run monthly in 2012, as he is planning to improve performance in the major matches.

That said, USPSA is available at several clubs within the 200 mile drive, from southern N.H. along with IDPA. A couple of the USPSA clubs run rifle and shotgun matches in the fall.

Thanks for the quick responses.

I live in Manchester NH now and will be moving to Plaistow on the MA border in a few months. I have found some local USPSA and IDPA clubs and I will probably start attending their meets in the meantime, but I find it odd that there are no matches here with all the gun lovers in my state. I imagine most people do not want to put out the cash in this economy to outfit themselves with the equipment for 3 gun when they can do IDPA or USPSA with a pistol and some mags. I am trying to get some of my buddies to form a squad to share the expense of ammunition and equipment to help ease the startup cost - I come from a hunting background and most of my weapons would be impractical for competition.

I have even thought about reaching out to the community at Manchester Firing Line (one of the bigger local ranges) and trying to organize events myself with them and others as a sponsor, though I have no experience with these meets.

I would not be opposed to traveling to Topton a couple times a year, provided I can get a team together, but I would also like to find something a bit more local.

>Maksim - Dover is perfect, do you have any information on those meets?

Thanks all for the information!

-Ian