Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21 holster question

JP5

Howdy all,

I've been trolling the forums for a while and slowly building my gear off recommendations here and elsewhere. I am stuck on getting a holster for my 3rd gen glock 21. Right now I have a leather IWB, but that is obviously not set up for 3 gun. Yes I know a .45 is not the best to use unless doing heavy metal but it is what I have and what I will run. My question is I know for most classes that the use of extended barrels and lights/lasers is not allowed, however there are a couple of other types of competitions and classes where they are. In choosing a kydex holster I was orginally just going to get the SERPA as it was what I used in the Navy, but I was wondering if I could get the Fobus with the light attachment and for most competitions just remove the light and use the same that holster.

Has anyone done this? I understand it won't be as tight of a fit but otherwise any major problems?

Thanks

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't. I know that most (it seems asinine to say all) light holsters need the light to retain the gun. I have a really nice light holster, and I hoped the same thing you are thinking of, but it failed miserably. A plastic bag retains my gun better :roflol:

• 1 month later...