Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr Bullet Feeder Conversion

I have a S1050 in 9mm and am going to start loading 40 on it as well. Wondering what is involved in converting between calibers with the Mr Bullet Feeder and how easy/hard it is? Thanks

You will need to use a different bullet dropper (die change in the tool head), change the collator plate (lift out, drop in), add the MBF expander die to the powder measure (You will need to re-adjust your measure if it is already set), and the little thingie that flips the bullet over (one allen wrench and a little futzing). I think you use the same funnel for 40 and 9.

Later,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

I have a S1050 in 9mm and am going to start loading 40 on it as well. Wondering what is involved in converting between calibers with the Mr Bullet Feeder and how easy/hard it is? Thanks

You will need to use a different bullet dropper (die change in the tool head), change the collator plate (lift out, drop in), add the MBF expander die to the powder measure (You will need to re-adjust your measure if it is already set), and the little thingie that flips the bullet over (one allen wrench and a little futzing). I think you use the same funnel for 40 and 9.

Later,

Chuck

Seems like an easy conversion. I am going to have a dedicated 40 and 9 top end for the 1050 and use the 40 shell plate to do both 9mm and 40. From what I hear this is the way to go. Any one know of any things that I need to watch out for with this type of setup that I might not have thought of? Thanks

Yes. I use one almost daily. I use them to load 9,40,45,38special,38 short colt,223.

They work, and work well. You may have to tweak it a little bit, but it is a godsend. Rick is a great guy with a wonderful product.

Buy with confidence ....

DougC