Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a new barrel for a 4" XD 9mm

S&W627shooter

A friend of mine brought me his XD 9mm 4" to diagnose the malfunction. The slide will not travel all the way back to slide lock since there is a noticeable bulge in the middle of the barrel. After talking to him, he confirmed that when his son was shooting it they probably had a squib load. He was going to send it back to Springfield to have it repaired, but I'm not sure what they would do for a bulged barrel. Does anyone know if they would replace the barrel for free? If not, where can I get a factory barrel or a good aftermarket for the same price?

Thanks,

Chris

If it were my gun, I would call Springfield. I would be completely honest with them and listen to what they have to say / offer.

A few years ago, I double charged (as near as I can figure) a 40 caliber round and blew a Taurus 24-7 Pro apart. I called them and explained that it may have been a double charged round. I descibed the obivious damage and they told me to send it in, with a reference number they gave me. I kept waiting for them to call. 40 days later my gun arrived VIA FedEx, with a new frame, magazine and who knows what else. They did not charge me one red cent.

Springfield my take a different view but, you just never know.