Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger hand/finger position

xicidis

Hi guys. I wasn't sure if this should go to the BEginners section or the handgun section, but since it's for a handgun, here I am.

I have a Glock 34. I keep my trigger hand as high on the grip as I can. But I'm not sure how to position the rest of my hand. Should I wrap my fingers as far around as they can go? Or, a bit back? Maybe in the middle? The thing that changes most is where my index finger lands. If I wrap it as far as I can, my finger lands on the trigger at the first joint. I have been trying to keep the tip of my finger on the trigger. Should I try to keep it right at the tip, or try to hit the trigger between the tip and the joint? Also, I am trying to pull the trigger from as low as I can get my finger. Is that about right?

I think a lot of this is personal preference. But, I don't really know. Any thoughts?

Your index finger should contact the trigger in the center of the pad, midway between the knuckle and tip. Too much or too little can cause you to push or pull your shots. A curved trigger should be pressed in the center. A flat trigger can be pressed high or low.