Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to Competitive Shooting

Alan H

Hello,

I'm just starting off in the world of competitive shooting and from what I have been reading in many of these posts, it sounds like a fun, and maybe expensive hobby as well.

There seems to be a great collection of useful information and this site was recommedned to me by a friend who has been involved with guns and competitive shooting for some time.

I hope to learn a lot from this site as well as share my experiences as I progress from noob to veteran : ) (kinda like that Modern Warefare 3 ad....lol).

See you guys around!

Alan H.

easiest way to get started shooting would most likely be production. Or get involved by volunteering at matches at your local club, get to know people and learn more about the sport and it may help you decide what class you want to get into. Besides, when you meet people they can provide a lot of information and may know a good deal on a gun. You will find a lot of the items used are in personal preference, kinda of like ford and chevy. What works for one may not for another. THe "MOST IMPORTANT" thing you have to remember is to have fun and enjoy yourself. When you stop having fun, take a step back and rethink why you are doing this...

Enjoy, by the way where are you located?

:cheers:

Here's a great link with concise info regarding IPSC/USPSA, basic rules primer, etiquette, etc.

Welcome to the addiction. As an example of my addiction, I have shot in 10 matches since my first one Oct 2nd and shot over 2900 rounds through my new XDM 525...