Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Bay Area Rifle Championship (BARC)

The date for the 2012 BARC has been set and we are now open for business on a limited basis.

Match date: June 24, 2012.

Registration will open after December 1, 2011.

Match fee is now $90.00, non-refundable under a week out.

Rules and general information have been updated for 2012

Sponsors are being organized and there is very good news there. The 2012 BARC will be getting a larger level of sponsor support than ever before. This will translate to a humongous prize table for 2012 with higher retail prize value down to a much deeper level than last year.

Stage designs are being worked on and will be posted when completed.

Stay tuned for more details.

Registration Update:

As of todays mail we have 58 confirmed entries in hand with about a dozen folks emailing me saying their entry is on it's way.

At this point I figure this match is 75% full within the next couple of days and 100% full within the next week or two! Get those apps in if you want a slot folks. The wait list starts after 90 entries are confirmed.

Entries are accepted via US mail only and are processed in order of postmark time and date. I cannot specifically reserve match slots unless I actually have an entry form with match fee in my hand.

Update - Registration Is Now Closed - Match Is Full

We received enough entries in todays mail to fill the match to capacity so we are closing registration for the 2012 BARC.

All further entries received will be placed on the waiting list.

That is a new record this year, the match filled up in just 12 days!

• 2 weeks later...

Sponsor Update (04/25/12)

List of confirmed sponsors (so far) for the 2012 BARC

Match Sponsor:

Irvington Arms

Gold & Silver Sponsors:

AxialVideo.com

Battle Arms Development

Battle Comp Enterprises

Bear Creek Supply

Big John's Iron Works

BrianEnos.com

Brownells

Carbon Arms

CDM Gear

C-Rums

5.11 Tactical

GlockWorx

Grams Engineering

Hogue Incorporated

Howard Leight Hearing Protection

King Armory

Loki Weapon Systems

Original SOE Gear

Pelican Cases

Phase 5 Tactical

Raven Concealment Systems

Rob's Smokin' Rub

Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings

Sinclair International

Solar Tactical

Stag Arms

Tabor Shooters Supplies

Many thanks to our sponsors for their generosity in supporting this match. Please consider them first for any future purchase plans you make. Remember to support those who support the sport!

• 3 weeks later...

My brother just moved out to the Silicon Valley area and I was hoping to use this match as an excuse to see his place lol. The problem is that it seems to have filled up very fast. I tried to e-mail the person on the gun club's website to inquire about availability but the e-mail listed on the sight was not a valid address. Is there any way I can get a spot in this match? Please let me know as soon as possible, as I have to order plane tickets in advance. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for all your help!

Hey birdman, the match is booked and they have a wait list going. I'm number 11 but they said that most wait listed people eventually get in. Check out the calguns site here for better info under the competition sub forum. I think it's on the second page.

My brother just moved out to the Silicon Valley area and I was hoping to use this match as an excuse to see his place lol. The problem is that it seems to have filled up very fast. I tried to e-mail the person on the gun club's website to inquire about availability but the e-mail listed on the sight was not a valid address. Is there any way I can get a spot in this match? Please let me know as soon as possible, as I have to order plane tickets in advance. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for all your help!

Sorry about the email link at the HotShots website not working, it has been fixed.

The 2012 BARC has been sold out since December 12. Waiting list has 15+ folks on it. I doubt that everyone on the wait list will get slots this year. This match has been selling out pretty quick for a few years now, you need to act fast when registration opens up.

Use the (fixed) email link at the Richmond HotShots website to get me your contact information and I will put you on the email notification list for future matches.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...