Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open shotgun, Prohibiting rules outdated?

Rocky Mountain 3gun

c. shotgun barrel and magazine tube shall not be changed for the entire match.

didnt really matter to me, but i watched a shooter on my squad change his tube length depending on the stage at last years RM3G. screw it, open is open. you want to strap a javelin on the front of a 26" 1100... go for it. makes for great pictures. :devil:

Wait...is that a javelin, the kind they throw at the Olympics, or a Javelin, the kind that blows up tanks?

Of course, either one would be funny.

Fwiw the Akdal is the shit. I got one of the first ones and pray and hope there is a high cap solution soon. Mine is boxed up and going to firebird via ups tomorrow. I had the forcing cone done a couple weeks ago and didn't know that Firebird also will do that. I put a DeltaPoint on mine and it's ergos are way better than the saiga. Load a full mag on closed bolt easily and all the rest the saiga does not have.

I also don't see why you should not be able to do what you want gear wise in open. THATS the biggest reason I like IMG style rules over USPSA rules for 3 gun. Sorry for any drift.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread, I've decided to let open be open and not really restrict anything besides the start with 10+1 and then after the buzzer goes off, load to what you see fit.. Open is Open, serviceable and safe is all I worry about.. if everything goes fubar, well, that's on you :)

This for the Cali Action SG challenge.. :) Hope to see ya there ;)