Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI TAS (tactical adjustable) rear: replacement needed ...

Stefano

Hi all,

I would like to replace the original rear sight on my STI LAWMAN (it's a TAS, tactical adjustable rear) with something like a classic BOMAR adjustable: please, can anybody suggest a brand/model that fits with the slide's dovetail ?

Best thing it would be a complete set (front + adjustable rear) with a fiber optic front.

Thanks

post-9520-0-39698000-1321890157_thumb.jp

Edited by Stefano

Hi all,

I would like to replace the original rear sight on my STI LAWMAN (it's a TAS, tactical adjustable rear) with something like a classic BOMAR adjustable: please, can anybody suggest a brand/model that fits with the slide's dovetail ?

Best thing it would be a complete set (front + adjustable rear) with a fiber optic front.

Thanks

post-9520-0-39698000-1321890157_thumb.jp

I changed to a Dawson FO on my STI Edge. I think they will fit yours.

The Novak dovetail cut is wider than a Bomar dovetail, and also at a different angle.

To make it work, you'd need something similar to what Rich at Canyon Creek did.

Drop him a line, he might be able to help you out.

Check out post #4

My link

Another alternative would be welding up the slide and re-cutting it to Bomar specs, but the adapter/conversion thing referenced above would be way easier.

• 3 weeks later...

why not get some LPA adjustables ??? The SA 1911 has a Novak cut same as the STI Lawman ...

www.midwayusa.com/product/721189/springfield-armory-adjustable-rear-sight-1911-novak-cut-steel-blue?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Gunsmithing+-+Gun+Parts+1911+(Not+Grips%2c+Magazines)-_-PriceCompListing-_-721189

• 5 years later...
why not get some LPA adjustables ??? The SA 1911 has a Novak cut same as the STI Lawman ...
www.midwayusa.com/product/721189/springfield-armory-adjustable-rear-sight-1911-novak-cut-steel-blue?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Gunsmithing+-+Gun+Parts+1911+(Not+Grips%2c+Magazines)-_-PriceCompListing-_-721189

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk