Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Losing gun parts

Skydiver

I ended up doing a detail strip on my gun this eveningbecause I found buildup of gunk in a place I normally don’t find it. In theprocess of putting everything together, I managed to lose two tiny parts: atrigger return spring and a mag release plunger. Fortunately, I have these inmy spare parts kit. Worst case, I could have cannibalized my other Tanfoglios. Ihate losing two last parts in less than an hour.

I ended up doing a detail strip on my gun this eveningbecause I found buildup of gunk in a place I normally don't find it. In theprocess of putting everything together, I managed to lose two tiny parts: atrigger return spring and a mag release plunger. Fortunately, I have these inmy spare parts kit. Worst case, I could have cannibalized my other Tanfoglios. Ihate losing two last parts in less than an hour.

There is a Tanfo extended firing pin some where in my welding shop, it went missing about 3 years ago! I found the spring last winter in a 5 gallon bucket half full of 5/16" nuts. I was banned from working on guns in the house after a firing pin became lodged in the ceiling over the dininig room table.

There is a CZ TS firing pin somewhere in my neighbors back yard. I shot it out the shop window, and it flew over the back wall into their yard. I now do that part of detail stripping within a big ziploc baggie. Haven't lost a part since I started doing that.

I hate that too. Two nights ago, after a detailed strip, the right side safety detent spring on my CZ SP01 shot off the gun and landed about 8 feet away. I heard it land, but finding it is going to be next to impossible. Thankfully I had a spare.

There is a CZ TS firing pin somewhere in my neighbors back yard. I shot it out the shop window, and it flew over the back wall into their yard. I now do that part of detail stripping within a big ziploc baggie. Haven't lost a part since I started doing that.

Hence the name JimmyZip?