Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

iKam's blue and green lights are flashing?

Chills1994

Hi all,

I have a pair of the iKam glasses.

I used them to video a couple of matches, and they worked fine. I went chukar hunting this week, and they recorded most of the hunt. I hit record each time a dog went on point. I didn't leave it recording for the whole time. Then near the end of the hunt I went to press the power button, both the blue and green LED's came on. Then they started flashing. Argggh.... Then they go out.

It was not raining, and I wasn't sweating.

I downloaded all the video off of it, thinking that emptying its memory would solve the problem.

Tried pressing the reset button with a paper clip. No joy there either.

Then I went to the Hunter's Specialties website and read the FAQ. I also read the .pdf version of the owner's manual.

There was a short video of how to reformat the iKam glasses, but it was with a windows machine. I am on a Mac.

Have you guys run into the same problem?

I am just trying to troubleshoot this every which way before I take them back to the store.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever get this resolved? I had the same problem, and it turns out the memory on the internal disk was max'd out. Not sure why since I thought I had been deleting them as well. I found the same instructions on iKam's website on how to format the internal memory, but had to use a PC instead of my Mac. That worked, and my iKam's are working as they did before.

http://www.predatoroutdoorproducts.com/faqs.html

Edited by 2MoreChains

Z87 or Z.87 is the OSHA/NIOSH/ANSI standard as far as so called "safety glasses" go.

Are the iKam glasses stamped Z.87 anywhere on them?

Nope!

I did take them hunting for chukar though, one time (before the lights started flashing). So here are some screenshots. I think the display where it has the seconds counter is interesting.

ChukarRising.jpg

ShotgunComingAround.jpg

ShotgunAlmostMounted.jpg

ShotgunMounted.jpg

GettingaBead.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I love seeing all these MAC users! When is the rest of the world going to catch up!

Question about the glasses though.... Has anyone had any problems with the loud noises or concussion from compensated guns?

I love seeing all these MAC users! When is the rest of the world going to catch up!

Question about the glasses though.... Has anyone had any problems with the loud noises or concussion from compensated guns?

I think you have me mistaken for somebody else.

I am not one of those Mac guys.