Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope problems(leupold mark 4)

drglock

I have a Mark 4 6.5x20 TMR that I'm having some problems with.It's mounted on a Sako A7 Tecomate with Millet Tactical mounts.Try and make this short,I can have bullet impact 1/2inch left of bullseye and move the scope 2 clicks right(clicks are .25 moa)and shoot again and impact will be anywere from 4-6 inches low.I then can go ahead and shoot for group from that point and the gun will shoot .456 to .590 groups(did this to make sure it wasnt my loads)I can adjust for up and down and the scope will move as it should.Mounts are not lose and tracking up and down seems fine but left or right and it will drop.All shooting is done from a vice off a bench.Loads are 130gr VLD's with 66grs of reloader 19.Scope has never been dropped or abused was wondering if anyone has has this issue with a Mark 4.All shooting is at 100 yards.

Edited by drglock

I'd call the folks at Leupold and explain your problem as that doesn't sound right.

I had an older VXIII 6.5 x 20 that started to loose it's ability to "walk the square" repeatably. Talked to the leupold folks, they said to send it back. Turned out to be something loose inside and they fixed/rebuilt the scope for free. While it was there I had M1 turrets put on which cost about 130 bucks. Turnaround time was about 3-4 weeks. Good as new now.

How old is the scope?

After a certain period of time without being run up and down in adjustments .....SOME scopes will develop some "stickshun" and adjustments will not come through to the reticle until after the effects of vibration from recoil.

Adjust PAST where you want to go ...tap the scope with your finger hard a few times ....then adjust to where you want to go and repeat the tapping....see if that makes a difference.

Shoot the "box drill" and see if the rounds "walk" towards where they should be. If they're walking its due to the scope sticking and definitely needs servicing by Leupold.

Or you could send it to Premier Reticle and get that nifty whiz bang reticle you've always wanted AND they'll fix any issues with it at the same time.

However if you are ONLY adjusting windage and not elevation this should not happen.

The reticle could be "falling out" of the scope which I have seen happen once with a Leupold.

One minute the guy had a reticle and the next round it was GONE.

JK

As others said already...just contact Leupold and they will take care of it! They have what I believe is the best customer service in the industry. Scopes do go out of wack sometimes but be assured that Leupold will take care of it.

My Meopta had the same problem...they ended up replacing the whole thing :rolleyes: They called me after I sent it to them and they don't know how it happened and wanted to examine it more so they asked me if I would accept a new one. What a silly question....

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Busyhawk

• 4 weeks later...