Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I want some props like these!

Well, that competition was very nice, though those movers really were a bit on the faster end... Well they disappeared, so no mikes counted.

The stage in the first two videos was 4 secs fixed time. Time was spent before the first target went to cover. Hmm, yep I shot an OT (at 4.12 or something, in production div). Normal time for standard div shooters was somewhere in 3.60-3.80 class.

The stage in vid 5 was bit badly designed. Check the video 4, it's the same stage with the winner strategy. As the mover disappeared you could shoot the four fixed targets and then start the mover and watch it go by without shooting at it. My strategy was to start from the button and shoot the two fixed targets at right hand side first. When I finished the second fixed target the mover was just visible for a pair quick shots. There was a scary NS in the mover which made the first target a bit challenging at that speed...

We've got lots of those runner tracks here in Finland as we have lots of "running moose" UIT-like events for rifles and rimfires (and for airguns). If you want to hunt elks you've got to pass a test (inc runnings from 75 meters.) every three years, so most of small ranges have those tracks. Most of ipsc mathces here indeed have mover stage. They tend to be designed so that you have to shoot them moving or run a bit and take hard shots when mover is finished and standing still.

I did get to see the picture of the stage with paper walls and now I'm thinking of an MXC themed stage. Might not make it past the safety committee.

How do you think its unsafe? I tend to be a rather sensitive safetywise, but did not see anything bad at that stage. There was nothing hard to give you backsplatter and targets were about three meters at closest. And of course those walls were hc.

At least it was rather fun (100% score in production B) ). Ports were quite narrow so you had to be quick and get'em in right order if you wanted to keep moving all the time.

Stage drawings are in

http://www.geocities.com/koumas_practical/kpm3.html

and stage results in

http://www.geocities.com/koumas_practical/kpm04staget.pdf

- Kössi

Erik was talking about at Japanese Game show dubbed into bad English called MXC. One of the competitions involves running at full speed through 'doors' set into walls, some of the 'doors' are paper and the others are solid plywood. For some strange reason it's very funny watching people bouncing off the solid plywood 'doors' especially the ones who try to run through the 'door' head first!

Of course the paper 'doors' are usually in front of a mud pit.

• 2 weeks later...