Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P-14 vs P-16

rcc96

The only real difference is the number of rounds the mags will hold. I run a P14 and with the Dawson base pads, it's a P17-45, the .40 will hold 21/22 rounds with the Dawson pads. Other than that, I think it's more a matter of what you're setup to reload. I'm setup for .45 so that's what I shoot. Just make sure that the retarded Para power extractor works. Which mine didn't, so I sleeved it and run a standard Caspian extractor.

I get 18+1 with factory mags with Dawson base pads...Most guys that I have talked to tell me you just can't be competitive with the 45 platform,my reply we both have to do a reload,45 one target sooner.

Edited by rcc96

For the brief time I had a P16, I didn't have any stageses that I couldn't have shot with my P14...lucky I guess. I went back to the P14 and sold (made money on) the P16 only because with my old eyes .45 holes are easier to see at a distance than .40. Others will be different.

Richard

I get 18+1 with factory mags with Dawson base pads...Most guys that I have talked to tell me you just can't be competitive with the 45 platform,my reply we both have to do a reload,45 one target sooner.

Which spring? any mod to the followers? which follower?

Had to trim bottom of followers....see dawsons web site..no spring mods.

Other than that machine polished insides and they have been good to go...

I do have to run a brush thru them often on range day...

Good luck..

Edited by rcc96