Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ shadow 147gr Frontier FP

Magnus_no1

Tried this question in the 9mm forum but no response. So I decided to try here instead.

I like the feel of 147gr bullets and been shooting them for a while. The brand I used before I cant get anymore.

Thinking about the Plated Frontier 147gr FP. I have to buy at least 10k so I have no possibility of testing them prior to buying.

Anyone have experience whit that combo. Use N320. Mostly concerned about accuracy.

Edited by Magnus_no1

In my limited experience with them they shoot good out to 25 yds. I was told that they were just fine for range ammo. I didnt test them any farther. I would compare them to a really good plated bullet, they are hardcast lead core with plating around it.

It is dependant on your gun though....

DougC

Thanks. I actually got hold of some 124gr bullets of the same brand and model. And they shoot good. They are very even and well made. But if someone else have any more experience whith 147gr FP it would be appreciated.

Edited by Magnus_no1

I have used the Frontier 147 FP bullets in my Glocks and CZ's without any accuracy or functioning issues. Recently, I switched to Berry's as the price was better from a local supplier than what I was paying for the Frontiers and having to pay shipping.

Used Front's for 1.5 years, no issues. Switched over to Berry's for last 1.5 years - no going back to Fronts...

Thou I like Clays powder very much, I may have to develop a load with TiteGroup as I ran out of Clays and there seems to be nothing I can get locally.

Edited by CeeZer