Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17/19/23 Front Sight

bchibb

All I run, FO wise, are Warren fronts in my Glocks.

The proper height is a relative concept, as different loads will have different POI's. As a default, you may want to start with the factory/recommended heights. That info should be readily available on the websites as "standard" for each particular model.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the 17 and 19/23 use the same front blades, with the 34 (longer sight radius) and 26/27 (compacts) being different.

ETA-- Here's a handy tool, once you figure out where the pistol is grouping in relation to your POA.

Front Sight Calculation Tool

Edited by Sin-ster

I have the Warren Tactical Sevigny competition sights on my G35 and my G24. On my work gun, a G32C H iave the Heinie Slant Pro Straight 8 night sights. The front is thinner than the standard Trijicon Glock sights, and the rear is slioghtly wider. the Heinie is also off-set so as to give about a 1/4" longer sight radius, which is about a 1/16th or so increase. I am "older" and my eyes seem to see better wtih a narrower front and wider rear. If you can, try to shoot a couple of guns from other shooters that have already changed their sights. What works for me, may not work for you. Like teh commercial says, your mileage may vary.