Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

win super x2 elite

sdm74

Hi looking for a inexpensive shotgun for 3 gun and found a super x2 elite with wood furniture. The recover is silver with gold inlays of ducks. It has a 26" VR barrel. Is this the same gunparts basically as a fn? Would this work for abuse it would get in a match? Its listed at only 6.7 pounds

Should work okay, but probably worth a lot more than an SLP. That is about a $1300 gun. If I recall, it has the heavy piston so you should look at getting a lighter piston. You'll also need a mag extension and barrel clamp. Unless you are stealing it for like $600, not sure I would go that route. Even then I'd resell it. The standard X2 is a better buy IMHO.

Thanks alot...if I get the +6 tube, would I need a clamp? And would the +6 be about even. It only has the improved cylinder choke. Will that work or would I need something else? Do you know if that runs the invector plus choke and does that matter. I basically know zero about shotguns.

Thanks for the help

Steve

Should work okay, but probably worth a lot more than an SLP. That is about a $1300 gun. If I recall, it has the heavy piston so you should look at getting a lighter piston. You'll also need a mag extension and barrel clamp. Unless you are stealing it for like $600, not sure I would go that route. Even then I'd resell it. The standard X2 is a better buy IMHO.

Would it not run reliably with the heavy piston?. If its selling so cheap wonder if there is a problem?

Anything over plus 2, I'd use a clamp. The SLPs have a sleeve that is over the tube and the tube is all one piece. The bending moment at the threads on the end of the mag tube on most shotguns is not intended to take the abuse we levy on 3G shotguns. The clamp significantly reduces the bending moment. Run without it and risk breakage.

Go the the Nordic website, they have some measurements on there to help you figure out what a +6 is in actual inches. You will probably want like a Skeet and Modified around the IC, should cover everything. One might be better with slugs than the others. Sorry, don't know which system it is, does not really matter, as long as you can get the chokes. Carlson extended chokes are inexpensive and readily available at places like MidwayUSA and Brownells.

Don't know the price, but if it is less than $1K, I would be skeptical about it. Ask to meet at the range with a buddy who knows shotguns and have it checked and shot. Then again, maybe the seller does not know what it is and priced it in accordance with an X2. BTW, I love my Browning Golden Clays, which this is pretty close to.

Highly unlikely it will reliably run the 1200 fps 1 1/8 loads that are common in 3G with the heavy piston.

Doing a little more research looks like it sold for about 800. It is a light field model

Would work great and is way eeasier to find in the rack at matchs Was a expnsive gun back when new but not worth much more than a standard model now i paid $550 for my sx2 and $715 for the sx3

I have a sx2 wild turkey federation banquet give away gun and a sx3 wild turkey federation banquet give away gun both run great and cycle the lightest ammo i have 2&3/4 dram 1 oz loads

post-14935-0-17242900-1320950241_thumb.j